Mastering the Job Search: Career Advisors Available Virtually
Posted on August 19, 2020
Career Launch SD has been working hard to build the innovative training you need to be successful in your job search, job retention, and advancement efforts. One of our recent undertakings is creating a virtual version of our popular training Job Search Assistance Program, commonly known as JSAP.
Now, you can use free technology like Microsoft Teams to interact with people from across South Dakota and learn or reinforce valuable skills from the comfort of your home. All you need is an internet connection to take advantage of a virtual JSAP.
Not comfortable with a virtual training? Talk to a Career Advisor today to learn how you can attend an in-person JSAP.
JSAPs cover many subjects to improve your career success:
· Self-Assessments can help you access important knowledge about yourself, using your own interests and aptitudes to help discover careers uniquely suited to you.
· Strategies to conduct a structured job search help you create a plan of attack to land the job you desire.
· The job application makes your first impression to potential employers. Learn the do’s and don’ts of submitting job applications and avoid common mistakes that can land your application at the bottom of the pile, or worse, the trash can.
· Your resume should be arranged and organized appropriately, depending on the job and your experience. If it’s been a while since you’ve updated yours, or you don’t have one at all, JSAP can empower you to create a resume that impresses.
· A cover letter introduces you and your resume to potential employers. Usually, it is the first document a hiring manager will see. Learn how to write a cover letter that makes the right impression.
· Job interviews can take place via phone, virtually, or in-person. Learn techniques and strategies proven to help improve your outcomes in your next job interview. JSAP helps prepare you for every stage of the job interview, from preparation to follow-up.
· Once you’ve started a new position, job retention techniques can help you keep it. We can help you develop good work habits and soft skills to make you a valuable employee. We can also review common workplace issues and how to navigate them like a professional.
If any of these subjects sound interesting to you, connect with a Career Advisor. It’s absolutely free, and we can schedule you for our next virtual class or in-person training.